This recipe is from Magnolia Table, and we LOVE it. I double the recipe because my family eats these little gems while they are waiting to go on a salad. So, I make a batch to top our salad and a batch for snacking!
The best thing about this recipe besides its goodness is that there are only 4 ingredients you most likely have on hand and it comes together in about 5 minutes, plus cooling time.
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter (if you don't have salted butter add a smidge of salt)
- 1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, but it adds a little heat)
- 1 cup pecans (or walnuts)
- In a small non-stick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the brown sugar and cayenne, if using, and cook until the the mixture looks almost like syrup.
- Add the pecans and cook until the nuts are well coated and fragrant, 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour the mixture onto a sheet of wax paper or parchment paper and spread out into an even layer to cool, about 15 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days... if there are any left!!