Arugula and Apple Salad with Buttery Candied Pecans
This salad is anything but boring. It has the perfect amount of flavors and textures that you will enjoy every forkful down to the very last bite, hoping there is enough for a second helping!
Peppery arugula, sweet, tart crunchy apple slices, creamy Gorgonzola cheese (one of my most favorite cheeses in the world btw) and the ever addicting Buttery Candied Pecans. Oh mylanta, I almost forgot the dressing!!! A lovely tangy and lightly sweet vinaigrette that you can shake together in a small jar. I often double the batch so I can enjoy it on another salad during the week. Wait until you try all these flavors together. It's like a symphony of deliciousness!
For the White Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 2 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar (or white wine vinegar, rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons finely minced shallots
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
Combine all ingredients in a small jar with lid and shake. Refrigerate until ready to use. Keeps for 4 days in the refrigerator.
For the Salad: Serves 4 as a side
- 5 cups arugula (alternately you may use chopped romaine or half romaine and half arugula)
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 to 2 apples cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 3/4 cup Buttery Candied Pecans
Combine in a large salad bowl the arugula, onions, apple sliced, cheese and pecans.
Shake dressing well and serve on the side for each person to dress their salad.
**You may also add diced chicken (4 ounces per person) to make this salad into more of a healthy quick dinner.