Cheesy Garlic Bread (Crack)
This will be a quick post today as I am sitting in an airport about to go on my anniversary trip with my sweet hubby of 20 years!!!!! And even more fun, our son and daughter in love will be joining us!!!!
We call this "crack" at my house because its completely addictive! I often serve this with pasta dishes so we can have carbs with out carbs!!! This recipe makes a whole french loaf of bread so it's great for a crowd and for bigger crowds it can easily be doubled!
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup pepper jack cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 stick plus 4 Tablespoons butter divided
- 4 green onions chopped
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 loaf crusty bread
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix cheeses, mayonnaise, 4 Tablespoons of softened butter, and green onions.
- Add salt and pepper, set aside or refrigerate until ready to use.
- Melt remaining stick up butter and melt over med low heat add garlic and cook until fragrant about 3 minutes, do not brown the garlic.
- Cut loaf in half horizontally then brush with garlic butter over each half.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly over the loaves and bake until the cheese mixture is hot and bubbly about 15 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes before cutting into slices and serving.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt (optional)